QUALITY DOCUMENTATION SPECIALIST
Imagine yourself working for an innovative company that creates and manufactures custom beverage solutions for a broad spectrum of companies. Insight Beverages is a recognized leader in the beverage industry and a most valued partner to our clients. We finish what we formulate. We partner with customers of all sizes in various channels and provide them with practical, innovative beverage solutions from concept to beverage formulation, beverage manufacturing, and business building. Wouldn’t it be great to work for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company where the focus is on insights, adaptability, and innovation? This could be your opportunity to stir things up in your career.
We are currently searching for a Quality Documentation Specialist for our plant which has bulk manufacturing, blending, conveyor, filling, labeling, and packaging processes. The Quality Documentation Specialist is responsible for coordinating, maintaining, and controlling Quality Management Systems, responding to customers’ requests for information and documentation, and coordinating and performing quality audits.
Major responsibilities are as follows:
· Create, maintain, approve and revise quality documents and specifications in document management system.
· Interact with various departments, communicate non-conformances, and recommend changes and improvements in policies, procedures, and processes.
· Interface with customers and vendors and respond to requests for documentation including GMO & non-GMO statements, allergen statements, country of origin statements, shelf life, continuing guarantee, gluten statement, finished product spec, SDS and others.
· Complete customers’ and vendors’ questionnaires and surveys and investigate complaints.
· File for Kosher and Halal certification per customers’ request.
· Gather documents required for internal and external audits.
· Conduct Vendor, Co-Manufacturer and Internal Audits and maintain supporting documentation.
· Participate in innovative thinking and innovation opportunities as needed.
· Participate as member of SQF & HACCP Teams.
· Support SQF systems and report any potential food safety or quality issues to any individual with the authority to take action.
· Initiate action on any food safety or quality problems reported by employees.
· Participate in all company training for food safety and plant safety.
· Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
If you are known as an exceptional employee who produces great work and believes in adding value to everything you do, we want you to join our growing team and share our vision. The ideal candidate will have 3 – 5 years of related quality experience, preferably within a food manufacturing, food packaging, or FDA environment. 3+ years’ experience maintaining Quality Management Systems and performing quality audits is essential. Experience interfacing with Rabbi and Kosher Council are required. Solid technical, documentation, and analytical skills are essential. Must be able to communicate and interact effectively with people. Strong Math aptitude and proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook are required. PowerPoint is a Plus. Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or Microbiology is preferred. ASQ Certification and/or ability to speak Spanish are a plus. Ability to lift or move 20 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation is required.
Qualified candidates are requested to e-mail their resumes and base salary information. Cover letter or resume must list and describe Kosher experience. Please be sure to list the position that you are applying for in the subject line. Only local candidates will be considered. No phone calls please. EOE/M/F/D/V.
750 Oakwood Road
Lake Zurich, IL 60047