Rexnord Industries, LLC is a $2 billion public (rxn), multi-industry manufacturer and marketer of highly engineered mechanical power transmission components and commercial water management products. Rexnord recently completed a public offering and is now traded on the NYSE under “RXN.” The Power Transmission Group operates under the “Rexnord” name, and the Water Management Group operates under the “Zurn” name. The Rexnord culture, centered on the Rexnord Business System – “RBS” (the company’s operating management system based on the Toyota Production System and the Strategy Deployment Process – advanced Hoshin Planning methodology), welcomes professionals who can lead and produce results, who are motivated by stretch objectives, and who will embrace a business environment which is driven to continuously improve.
Aerospace Business Units
Rexnord Aerospace supplies engineered high performance spherical and cylindrical bearings, mechanical seals, gears and electrical components to the commercial air transport, regional aircraft, business aircraft, helicopter and military aircraft markets for use in engine systems, flight control systems, landing gear systems and airframe structures. Our aerospace bearing and seal products consist of rolling element airframe bearings and bearing tooling sold under the Shafer® and Tri-Roller® brand names, Slotted entry, split ball and split race bearings sold under the PSI® brand name, self-lubricating machined lined bearings and coatings sold under the Rexlon® brand name and mechanical seals sold under the Cartriseal® brand name. Gears and electrical components sold under the Micro Precision® brand name. Our global customer base includes all major engine and airframe OEM’s, as well as major Tier 1, 2 and 3 suppliers to the engine and airframe OEM’s and through our FAA approved repair stations we support major MRO and aircraft operators with repair and overhaul capabilities.
Rexnord Industries, LLC, a leading supplier in the Aerospace industry, is seeking a Manager of Quality Systems , who will be based at our Downers Grove, Illinois manufacturing facility, will provide superior tactical and strategic implementation of the quality system and supporting quality programs. In this position you can make immediate contributions in enhancing the current quality program, improving internal processes and procedures, and improving supplier quality control processes and procedures.
- Assist Quality Director to utilize data driven problem solving methods to improve key quality metrics such as internal and external PPM, Scrap, First Article Inspection, and Customer Specification flow down
- Drive a culture of quality at the source whereby all associates assume ownership for the quality of their work, services, standard work and products
- Manage and facilitate all customer and 3rd party audit logistics
- Manage and facilitate all special process, Nadcap, audits and correspondence
- Direct a staff of quality engineers, technicians and inspectors to serve Customer expectations in a responsive manner
- Schedule, manage and facilitate all internal audits (both Quality and Nadcap) and ensure third-party certifying bodies find no adversities that are not already being effectively addressed
- Facilitate, manage, and when applicable, develop corrective action responses. Ensure that all responses are completed, reviewed for accuracy, and provided to the requestor in a timely manner.
- Facilitate the corrective action process and procedures for objective evidence of the actual responses for all audits to ensure continuous improvement and effectiveness of the process and procedure changes. Ensure all product potentially affected by corrective actions requests are immediately contained and driven to closure.
- Facilitate the flow of work and to identify & drive continuous improvement opportunities within the business systems and manufacturing processes
- Gatekeeper of customer portals and ensures all customer flow down requirements are properly disseminated to all applicable Rexnord personnel and processes.
- Assist the direction with the Quality and staff teams for cultural continuous improvements
- Develop & manage supplier qualifications and certifications to include, but not limited to; maintenance of Approved Supplier List (ASL) and supplier records, schedule supplier audits, review reports, follow up with suppliers to ensure timely responses to any corrective actions and verify for effectiveness.
- Maintain Corrective and Preventive action logs for timely responses and closure within defined parameters.
- Manage and maintain Document Control for organization
- Manage and maintain Record Control for organization
- Manager of Quality Systems is fully responsible for ensuring process competency and audit acceptance of the following AS9100 Quality Clauses:
- 5.5.2 (Management Representative)
- 8.2.2 (Internal Audit)
Capabilities and Success Factors
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a technical field
- At least seven years of previous experience working in a Quality department at a managerial level in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in using lean manufacturing or continuous improvement tools
- Candidate must have experience with AS9100 as a lead auditor.
- Proficient in root cause analysis and formal problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated success in the ability to consistently multitask
- Good writing/administrative skills, including computer skills (word processing, graphics, spreadsheet, Minitab, Microsoft NAVigator, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
- Fact based, data driven decision maker
- Proven history of customer satisfaction success both internally & externally
- Experience in Aerospace or Automotive manufacturing with solid background in metal manufacturing environment including metal cutting and grinding is desirable
- Experience and working knowledge of all special processes applicable to aerospace applications, Nadcap experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of engineering part drawings and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- ASQ Certified Quality Manager or Engineering (CQM, CQE, QCA) desired.
- Demonstrated success in the Key Accountabilities
In addition to gaining invaluable experience and having the opportunity to create a legacy, the dynamic leader we seek will be rewarded with:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Matching 401(k) contribution
- Discretionary Personal Retirement Account (PRA)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
How to apply
Interested candidates may submit their resume through the Careers section at www.rexnord.com.
Rexnord associates must be in good standing for consideration for job openings. This includes satisfactory or above ratings in job performance and no corrective actions, PIP’s, disciplinary issues or warnings in the last 12 months.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran