Rexnord Industries, LLC is a $2 billion public (rxn), multi-industry manufacturer and marketer of highly engineered mechanical power transmission components and commercial water management products. Rexnord recently completed a public offering and is now traded on the NYSE under “RXN.” The Power Transmission Group operates under the “Rexnord” name, and the Water Management Group operates under the “Zurn” name. The Rexnord culture, centered on the Rexnord Business System – “RBS” (the company’s operating management system based on the Toyota Production System and the Strategy Deployment Process – advanced Hoshin Planning methodology), welcomes professionals who can lead and produce results, who are motivated by stretch objectives, and who will embrace a business environment which is driven to continuously improve.
Aerospace Business Unit
Rexnord Aerospace supplies engineered high performance spherical and cylindrical bearings and mechanical seals to the commercial air transport, regional aircraft, business aircraft, helicopter and military aircraft markets for use in engine systems, flight control systems, airframe structures and landing gear systems. Our aerospace bearing and seal products consist of rolling element airframe bearings and bearing tooling sold under the Shafer® and Tri-Roller® brand names, Teflon lined polymeric bearings sold under the Tuflite® brand name, slotted entry, split ball and split race bearings sold under the PSI® brand name, self-lubricating machinable lined bearings and coatings sold under the Rexlon® brand name and mechanical seals sold under the Cartriseal® brand name. Our global customer base includes all major engine and airframe OEM’s, as well as major Tier 1, 2 and 3 suppliers to the engine and airframe OEM’s and through our FAA approved repair station we support major MRO and aircraft operators with repair and overhaul capabilities.
Rexnord Industries, LLC, a leading supplier in the Aerospace industry, is seeking a Quality Engineer to provide support to all departments in Quality related issues in addition to assistance in improving the quality system and supporting quality programs. In this position, you can make immediate contributions in enhancing the current quality program by providing daily support in Quality related issues. This role will motivate, inspire and lead by example while influencing team cohesion and cooperation.
• Utilize data driven problem solving methods to improve key quality metrics such as internal and external PPM, Scrap and Customer Satisfaction
• Assist in the effort to achieve and maintain all current ISO9001 and AS9100 certifications, as well as NADCAP special process certifications (Chemical Processing, Heat Treat, NDT)
• Ability to collect, compile, and analyze data to determine both root cause and corrective action to prevent recurrence in addition to driving the non-conforming material review system.
• Assist in the design, development, and implementation of a Quality roadmap for achieving company objectives.
• Drive a culture of quality at the source whereby all associates assume ownership for the quality of their work, services, and products.
• Assist with appropriate quality acceptance criteria for new equipment, process, and product introductions through new product development methodologies for aerospace.
• Identify & drive continuous improvement opportunities within the facility and at our supplier’s locations.
• Assist Quality and Configurations Management in the strategic definition and implementation of Quality
• Assurance including the determination of dimensional measurement systems and their application on complex products. (full understanding of ASME Y14.5 Geometric dimensioning and tolerance)
• Sr. Quality Engineer is fully responsible for ensuring process competency and audit acceptance of the following Quality Clauses: 126.96.36.199 (Post Delivery Support)
Capabilities and Success Factors
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical related discipline or Engineering or MBA a plus; CQE and CQA certifications a plus.
• 5+ years of Quality Experience in the Aerospace or Automotive industry.
• Experience working with quality systems; e.g. AS9100, ISO9001, FAA FAR regulations
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• Proficient in root cause analysis and formal problem solving techniques internally and externally (Customers/Suppliers)
• Thorough knowledge of the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) tools (including SPC, GR&R, DOE, FMEA, Control Plans, Cpk, GD&T, DMAIC, First Article Inspection, Cost of Quality)
• Demonstrated success in the ability to consistently multitask
• Good verbal, written, and administrative skills, including computer skills (word processing, graphics, spreadsheet, Minitab, etc.)
• Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
• Strong application knowledge of calibration and metrology systems including the development, improving, and approving gaging methodologies and design.
• Solid background in metal manufacturing environment including metal cutting and grinding is desirable.
• Working knowledge of engineering part drawings and general understanding of metallurgy; ability to understand the physical and mechanical properties of metals as affected by composition, mechanical working and heat treatments.
• Provides leadership, technical support, and guidance to quality inspectors, certified operators, purchasing, manufacturing, Customer service, and other areas in need of assistance on all Quality Engineering related topics. (Contract review, Supplier Control programs, New Product Development)
• Experience working in a lean manufacturing or continuous improvement environment.
• Ability to determine the appropriate dispositions for nonconforming product; function as quality representative at both Preliminary Review (PR) and MRB levels.
• Internal quality audits – participate in both Internal Quality Management System (QMS) audits and customer audits (product and system) including external supplier audits.
• Demonstrated career advancement with increasing accountability
• ASQ Certified Quality Engineering (CQE) desired
In addition to gaining invaluable experience and having the opportunity to create a legacy, the dynamic leader we seek will be rewarded with:
• Competitive Base Salary
• Matching 401(k) contribution
• Discretionary Personal Reimbursement Account
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Short-Term Disability Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
• Educational Reimbursement
• Matching Gift Program
How to apply
Interested candidates may submit their resume through the Careers section at www.rexnord.com.
Direct Link: Click Here…
Rexnord associates must be in good standing for consideration for job openings. This includes satisfactory or above ratings in job performance and no corrective actions, PIP’s, disciplinary issues or warnings in the last 12 months.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran