Date: March 9, 2016
DoubleTree Hotel Chicago – Oak Brook
1909 Spring Road
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Doors Open: ~ 5.30pm
Pre-Dinner Session: ~ 6.00pm
Dinner: ~ 7.00pm
Post Dinner Session: ~ 8.00pm
Adjourn: ~ 9.00pm
Assorted Rolls, Soup or Salad, Chef’s Choice of Dessert
Citrus Chicken: Grilled Chicken Breast, Citrus Butter Sauce
Steamed Broccoli, Blended Wild Rice
ASQ Members: $30
ASQ Recognition and Awards
The Chicago seciton of ASQ consciously try to recognize member/volunteers who have help the section to carry out its functions to sustain the section. During this meeting we will recognize some of those individuals. This is just a small token of appreciation for the work they do. There are others too who contribute as much or more. However we try to balance the effort to the name of the award. As such some of the individuals who continue to significiantly contribute may have received such an award before, so they are not being overlooked. We thank all of our volunteers.
Advance session will be chaired by the award committee leader.
Post Dinner Synopsis:
In “Deming principles for management – the basis of Lean” Francisco Pulgar-Vidal will present a proven way to manage your daily operations by understanding that companies are production systems, what is variation and how to respond to it effectively. Will describe the connections between Deming principles, Lean and Six Sigma.
Presenter: Francisco Pulgar-Vidal
Francisco Pulgar-Vidal is president of fkiQuality, a consultancy on operational excellence and director of Chicago Deming Association. He works to improve the operations of all types of functional teams in many companies and countries. Volunteering since 2003 he teaches Lean Six Sigma to unemployed professionals seeking to increase their opportunities in the job market. Francisco holds Master degrees in Industrial Engineering and Business Administration. He can be reached at email@example.com
Registration is Closed…
The March 5, 2016 certification exams will be held at the Naperville campus of DePaul University. All examinees should note the following:
1. The exam will start at 9 AM. Please be at the exam site around 8:15 AM.
2. Cell phones are not allowed in the exam room. Please leave them in your car.
3. Graphing calculators, tablets and laptops are not allowed. A basic scientific calculator is sufficient.
Please contact Hari Soni @ firstname.lastname@example.org or at 847-315-0102, if you have any questions.
Operational Excellence Partner – (KT31746)
Location: Chicago, IL
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: 4 to 6 years
The Operational Excellence Partner will report to the Director of Operational Excellence and will have leadership responsibility for coaching, mentoring and training all levels of the organization on the principles of process improvement and management philosophies. The Operational Excellence Partner will engage staff and managers in improving clinical, support functions and administrative process.
Bachelors Degree OR equivalent training acquired via work experience or education, Masters preferred. 4-6 years of previous job-related experience running Kaizen/Rapid Improvement Events and flow related process improvement 7-10 years preferred. Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Project, and VISIO. Requires high level of adaptability and interpersonal skills
Works consists of a variety of duties involving a broad range of activities or in-depth analysis for a highly specialized field of work.
Significant impact on major portion of UCMC activities affecting a large number of people on a long-term or continuing basis.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Quality Systems Director
Greater Chicago Area
TDM & Associates LLC, celebrating 19 years of successful executive search business, has been retained to identify highly qualified individuals for the role of Quality Systems Director for leading outdoor sporting goods manufacturing company headquartered southwest of Aurora, IL.
This position will have multi-plant responsibility for leading quality initiatives, resolving quality issues implementing process controls and continuous improvement activities.
• Determine quality standards for the company’s new and existing products and services. Advises executive staff on quality initiatives and leads implementation of programs.
• Directs objectives within the company to maximize quality and reliability and to minimize cost. Monitors quality initiatives in operations and vendors.
• Facilitates manufacturing methods, process controls, labor utilization standards, continuous improvement and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
• Ensures testing and experiments to qualify and quantify processes.
• Directs troubleshooting activities to resolve production problems and maximize product reliability.
• Provides leadership as part of the management team in implementing an ongoing quality management program.
• Will be a liaison with factories, employees, international quality and customers.
• Will be a liaison with research sources, customers and production management to develop or improve the quality of existing products.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
• 5+ years of quality control and or quality assurance manufacturing
• Previous experience in implementing quality systems for multiple plants
• Plastics experience – especially Blow Molding
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, distribution centers.
• Strategic thinker and able to influence an organization
• Ability to travel up to 30 percent – some international travel
• Any ASQ Certifications a plus
Interested candidates are encouraged to email their resume to Julie Blodgett at TDM & Associates: email@example.com