2016 Bunny Rock 5K Run/Walk was a great success and a completely sold out charitable event. Weather blessed all participants with sunny skies making it a truly enjoyable experience. Donations made to the event charity (Red Door Animal Shelter) will be used for a great cause to help animals in need. On behalf of the ASQ Chicago Section, we would like to express our sincere gratitude to all members and their families who participated in this volunteering charity event. We would like to extend our special thanks to our cheerful team leaders Lisa Royal and Diane Lange from Shure Inc. who participated in marathon and successfully completed the course setting a pace for the others. All of our volunteers contributed to the success of this charity event once again demonstrating their true compassion and unselfish caring. Citing Dr. Seuss: “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” ASQ Chicago Section is looking forward to upcoming volunteering events of 2016 and encouraging members to participate since together we can make a difference. “No man stands so straight as when he stoops to help another” – Please volunteer.
Monthly Archives: March 2016
Boutique, award winning Diecasting Company located in Chicago seeks energized candidates for the following position:
Capability in ISO, PPAP (dimensional layout), corrective action, establishing quality criteria for die casting. English and computer skills required.
Benefits include career path development, healthcare insurance, tuition reimbursement, vacation, holidays, and 401K. Compensation commensurate with experience.
April 2016 General Meeting
Wednesday, April 13, 2016
Holiday Inn Express
6600 Mannheim Rd
Rosemont IL 60018
Doors Open: ~5.30pm
Scholarship award ~6.00 pm
Pre-Dinner Session: ~ 6.15pm
Post Dinner Session: ~8.00pm
Minestrone Soup French Style
Chicken Breast Marsala
Garlic Whipped Potaoes
French String Beans
Dessert- Chocolate Sundae
ASQ Members: $30
ASQ Scholarship Award
The Chicago section of ASQ promotes young individuals with the interest of American Society for Quality. This our way of trying to encouraging young potential members. This is something that the section has been doing for many years. This is open to members and sponsored non member applicants. We thank all the applicants and encourage them to study and think of Quality in their everyday life.
Risk Analysis, Sustainable Manufacturing & LCA
Ron Kingen will provide an overview of how Sustainable Manufacturing can be assisted by using quality tools and processes, with specific focus on Risk Analysis, a major focus of ISO 9001 2015. He will also introduce some new techniques that provide guidance for sustainable manufacturing. Ron will also highlight how each individual can help address this very important issue, that affects our and future generations lives.
Ronald Kingen is Founder and President of Continual Value Improvement (CVI) Group, LLC, a professional services consulting practice focused on assisting organizations achieve Sustainable Excellence. He is also Chairman of Wellness Grub, LLC and a Partner in GTA, LLC. He has over 40 years of leadership experience in global high tech organizations.
Ron is Past President and Chair of the Board of the American Society for Quality (ASQ). He also served ASQ as Treasurer; Chair of the Certification and Awards Boards; Chair, Honorary Member Committee; and Chair, Social Responsibility Advisory Council. In addition to being an ASQ Fellow he holds ASQ certifications in: Quality Engineering (CQE), Reliability Engineering (CRE), Quality Auditor (CQA), Quality Manager/Organizational Excellence (CQM/OE), Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB). He also obtained a Six Black Belt form the Six Sigma Academy and a Master Lean Six Sigma Black Belt from an employer.
Ron has received the ‘President’s Call to Service Award’ for his lifetime of volunteer service from the US President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation and ASQ’s Distinguished Service Medal.
As Chair of the Social Responsibility/Sustainability (SR) Advisory Council for the American Society for Quality, he led the first conference on Social Responsibility. The keynote speaker was John Elkington, who coined the term ‘triple bottom line’ and a global thought leader on SR/sustainability initiatives for over 20 years. Ron is an international speaker on Quality and Sustainability and a guest speaker for several graduate level programs. Ron has held senior leadership positions in global organizations responsible for regional and worldwide operations.
Post Dinner Synopsis:
DMAIC & Autism; A Sample Size of One
This is an interactive overview of how Lean Six Sigma via the DMAIC process is utilized in a home environment to improve the quality of life for a child diagnosed as being on the Autism Spectrum. The discussion takes the participants through how DMAIC was successfully used to make viable differences with live metrics and results
Jd Marhevko is currently the VP of Quality, Lean and EHS for Accuride Corp. In the past two years, three Accuride sites have won the coveted Manufacturing Excellence Award from the Association of Manufacturing Excellence. She has been involved in Operations and Lean/Six Sigma efforts for over 25 years across a variety of industries. Jd was announced as the Shainin Medalist for 2016 and was named as one of the top 100 Women in Manufacturing by NAM, the National Association of Manufacturing. Jd is also an ASQ Fellow, CMQ/OE, CQE, CSSBB and an ASQ Certified Trainer for a variety of Quality Tools including Hoshin Kanri and Strategic Planning. She is an MBB and has held various MBNQA Assessor roles. She was an IRCA QSA for over 10 years. She holds a BSE from Oakland University in MI and an MSA from Central Michigan University. Jd is a Past-Chair of the ASQ QMD and holds other various ASQ Division roles.
Registration is Closed
HAVI Global Solutions
Downers Grove, IL, United States
Overview: Our mission is to be our customers’ expert partner in managed services and consulting solutions across the global business supply chain, delivering value and growth from source to consumer. We reach beyond categories, industries, technologies and suppliers to leverage our expertise in an unbiased and impartial approach that is focused solely on our customers’ needs. Today some of the world’s most respected brands rely on our packaging expertise, marketing and business analytics, supply chain services, promotions management know-how, and recycling and waste solutions to deliver a competitive advantage for their business and an unshakeable respect for their corporate and environmental program impacts.
Responsibilities: The Quality Engineer is responsible for providing statistical information for driving continuous improvements, supplier development initiatives and quality related programs and projects. Working with suppliers, the Quality Engineer gathers data, identifies trends and assesses root causes, providing technical evaluations and recommendations based upon observations to drive activities to conclusion. This individual is responsible for the development, modification, application and maintenance of the company’s quality standards and processes. You will participate in advanced quality planning, risk assessments, competitive validation and supplier qualifications to ensure consistent, data-driven responses to quality subject matter.
Desired Skills & Experience: Requirements
BS in Engineering or equivalent training in statistical techniques. 3+ years in Manufacturing Engineering/Quality Assurance in a manufacturing environment Demonstrated knowledge of PPAP, AQP, FMEA, root cause failure analysis & process capability studies Proficient in Lean/Six Sigma methodology and experience in leading Kaizen/continuous improvement events Knowledge of ISO9001 or equivalent quality management standards Understanding of specifications and technical drawings Preferred
BS in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering 5+ years in Manufacturing Engineering/Quality Assurance role in a manufacturing environment Certification: Six Sigma Black Belt, CQE, CQM/OE or CQA
Attention to detail and documentation compliance Hands-on experience with cross-functional teams, group facilitation and problem solving Multitasking Collaborative communicator Self-directed and the ability to work as part of a team Project management skills
HAVI Global Solutions provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.
Exciting Challenges Await You at HAVI Global Solutions
Part of our philosophy and approach to business success is to continuously reinvest in our tools, technology, and people. Our employees are offered competitive pay and benefits, along with the ability to work flexibly in order to meet their personal and career goals. We leverage comprehensive training and development programs as well as a variety of networking opportunities to accelerate their growth. At HAVI Global Solutions you will find yourself surrounded by professionals who are diverse in thought and collaborative in their approach to achieving business results.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
HAVI Global Solutions named to Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT 2014
Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager will lead the development and execution of all Quality Assurance programs and activities that ensure compliance with company policies, food safety standards, government regulations, and industry best practices including GMP, SQF and HACCP. The Quality Assurance Manager will integrate quality assurance and quality control into all functions and people.
• Ensure compliance with all quality programs, including GMP, SQF, HACCP & SSOP’s.
• Evaluate and assist in developing processes, specifications, and critical control points in manufacturing, for ongoing quality assurance of all finished goods
• Manage HACCP assessments and reassessments. Compose and edit HACCP plans and strategies for new products. Manage HACCP records and file maintenance
• Maintain current library for all GMPs, SOPs, SQF.
• Participate and contribute to continuous improvement of departmental SOPs
• Facilitate export certification process for Canada, Chile and Central America to meet business needs.
• Directly manage plant Sanitation and associated programs.
• Ensure that all new regulations (i.e., FSMA) are quickly and accurately implemented at all assigned facilities and suppliers
• Implement quality assurance programs that effectively monitor product manufacturing in a way that result in company compliance with regulatory SOP, GMP, HACCP, and SQF level 3 standards for third party audit and customer product requirements
• Ensure manufacturing specifications, standards, protocols and procedures for quality control and new product development are followed.
• Lead inventory hold process and manage block and unblock inventory with quality related issues – determine disposition of failed or expired inventory
• Oversee finished product microbiological program and environmental monitoring program
• Directly handle consumer complaints and provide reports/trends based on accumulated data; initiate action plans to address repeat concerns.
• Insure incoming materials meet safety and quality standards through inspection, vendor visits and certification programs
• Execute employee training programs that support the Company’s objectives with regard to quality and food safety
• Apply administrative and record-keeping processes to support the programs listed above
• Manage budget and cost controls considering existing new product pipeline and customer requests
• Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Food Science, Microbiology, food technology, or Master Degree in Business (MBA) a plus
• Certified SQF Practitioner or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years of Food QA management experience
• USDA experience
• Detailed knowledge and track record of successful implementation of food manufacturing policies and procedures (GMP)
• Certification and training in Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
• Excellent knowledge of HACCP and the proven ability to write HACCP plans
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with management, employees, suppliers customers and USDA.
• Ability to multi task and manage multiple projects concurrently
• Possesses excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
• Laser focus on execution (end to end) applying relentless rigor
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
We offer a great opportunity with a comprehensive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short-term disability, 401K with company match, and vacation
Corey Thonn | Associate
SkyWater Search Partners
Direct: 952.767.9008 | CThonn@skywatersearch.com