Job Title: Supervisor, Quality lab
Comany Name: The Sun Products Corporation
Location: Bowling Green, Kentucky USA
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/fmh3jwv7f7
The Quality Supervisor has responsibility for efficient and effective operations of the Quality Lab to ensure product quality and integrity. This role serves as a partner to Operations areas of the plant by providing support and guidance to ensure products manufactured are consistent with corporate and plant quality standards. The role is responsible for providing leadership, coaching and mentoring to associates in the Quality Lab. This role is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Quality Assurance laboratory and ensuring quality metrics are recorded, analyzed, and reported correctly for the Plant. The role is accountable for on-going improvement in the QA lab in terms of test accuracy, productivity, efficiency, and cost. This role also actively engaged in continuous improvement by driving root cause problem solving and corrective action planning for Quality defects in the Bowling Green Plant.
The manager must employ leadership skills, technical skills, and manufacturing experience to ensure increased associate productivity, maximize equipment functionality, and proactively manage the daily operational activities in the assigned area of responsibility in order to meet or exceed departmental Safety, Quality, Productivity and Cost Goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of QA lab performance to achieve goal level results
- Resolution of off quality deviations and recommendation for product disposition.
- Issuance of New Product Launches, Quality Incident Forms associated with their Value Stream
- Oversee maintenance/calibration of laboratory equipment and maintains supplies for the laboratory
- Ensure laboratory efficiency
- Develops improved methods for lab analysis and leads productivity improvement projects.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels to support manufacturing needs
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with QA associates in order to develop capabilities and share feedback on performance
- Supervise staff, organize schedules, priorities and provide coaching and support in the development of staff
- Participates and supports third party audits as well as visits from Regulatory Agencies
- Collaborate with manufacturing and warehouse supervisors to proactively improve product quality
- Participate in innovation trials and interface effectively with R&D to ensure quality standards are met
- Work with SAP QM Module, Red Prairie, and Interspec systems to manage quality data
- Use SPC knowledge and application software to understand and reduce process variation
- Lead implementation of quality assurance work processes and systems across the value streams/Plant.
- Lead other projects at the plant or across Sun products to improve Quality.
JOB SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE JOB:
- Influential leadership skills and the ability to lead across multiple departments
- Ability to lead people and develop a High Performance Work team environment
- Detail oriented and possesses good follow-up skills.
- Collaborative and possess ability to motivate people and work well across the organization.
- Understanding of the importance of good hygiene and GMP standards
- Excellent communicate skills – both verbally and written
- Able to use multiple problem solving tools to determine root cause and develop corrective action.
- Ability to apply statistical concepts (SPC) and be able to coach others on statistical process control application.
- Solid computer skills: Word processing software, spreadsheets, and mainframe application.
- Deep understanding of manufacturing processes and process control (making, blending, packing, etc).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related technical field
- Previous successful supervisory experience
- Flexibility to rotate shifts as needed or to cover a 24 hour lab operation (on-call coverage is part of the role)
- Skilled in use of PC software and Microsoft Office (excel, word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and projects
Core Responsibilities (50%):Provides training, guidance, coaching and support to remove constraints and inspire performance for associates in the quality department.
- Lead the hiring, training, planning, assigning, development and performance management of direct reports.
- Fosters a collaborative and supportive team environment that reinforces the Sun Products Code of Conduct and Company Values: People, Integrity, Passion, Humility, and Commitment through engagement efforts and leading by example.
- Creates an environment that fosters associate involvement and personal growth; Encourages and maintains two way communications with team members and others in the organization.
- Lead and coordinate all operational activities through direct reports to achieve quality goals. Meet all required Safety, Quality, and regulatory compliance commitments.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data and makes recommendations for improving operations and solving problems.
- Partners with and drives supporting functions to include Production, Engineering, Maintenance, Human Resources, as well as planning to ensure execution, compliance and proper reporting.
- Troubleshoots process upsets/ incidents, identifies root cause, identifies courses of action, decides optimal course of action and actively manage corrective measures and/or solution implementation.
- Manages and participates in the MOC (Management of Change) process to include installation, customization and/or upgrading of equipment. Ensure equipment use and installation is safe for use. Obtains vendor information, coordinates the update of systems and documentation, and ensures proper training of personnel.
- Use various systems and tools (SAP, Microsoft Office, WMS) to optimize performance, communicate status/expectations, and manage day to day activities.
- Actively engages in the onboarding process for all new associate with focus on building connections that support employee engagement and retention efforts.
- Acts on behalf of Manager in his / her absence as assigned.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned by Manager
Position Specific Technical Responsibilities (50%):
- Perform all aspects of the Quality Assurance Team Manager position including, but not limited to:
- Ensure personnel systems such as 1:1 meetings, performance appraisals, work /development plans, etc., are completed on time and with excellence.
- Oversee the training and certification of QA Technicians on all duties including analytical methods, product packaging inspections, data collection and maintenance, computer programs, and SPC for both finished products and raw materials. Verify training is documented and records are kept up-to-date.
- Lead the improvement, development, and implementation of QA/QC work processes and systems in the lab.
- Assure the methodology and procedures of QC lab are maintained and up-to-date and are being followed.
- Must keep the laboratory inventory well stocked through the ordering of chemicals and supplies.
- Assist in RCA investigations in the lab and operations. .
- Issuance of New Product Launches, Quality Incident Forms.
- Set and maintain high standards for Safety, Appearance, Quality Assurance Laboratory, offices, and retain areas.