ASQ Chicago Section is pleased to announce an upcoming 2017 charity event under the Social Responsibility (SR) program initiatives. All members and their families as well as guests are invited to register for the Bunny Rock Chicago 5K Run/Walk & Egg Hunt for the Red Door Animal Shelter Charity. Red Door Animal Shelter is a no-kill shelter committed to helping animals in need. This event will take place at 9 am on April 15, 2016 at Montrose Harbor (601 W. Montrose Ave., Chicago, IL). ASQ Chicago SR team is forming a small group of 5K Run/Walk participants to represent our section in this charitable event. Registration fee for those participants will be covered. In addition, a group of volunteers will be formed to help with various event-related tasks. Please be advised that the participants/volunteers spaces are limited and will be assigned on the ‘first-come/first-served’ basis. All participants will receive bunny ears, sunglasses, a dri-fit t-shirt, goody bag and a finisher medal. All volunteers will receive a t-shirt. Please send your request for participation to email@example.com by 4/12/17. Event participants/volunteers can pre-register their kids for the Egg Hunt at the charity event site. Additional event information can be found at http://www.bunnyrock5k.com. ASQ Chicago Section Social Responsibility team is looking forward to seeing everyone at this fun-filled rewarding volunteering experience.
5 Things you may not know about power of membership:
- Advance Your Career
- Enhance Your Network
- Broaden Your Knowledge
- Access Field Experts
- Showcase Your Experience
Position: Quality Technician
Reporting to: Quality Manager
Location: Specialty Tapes – Forest Park, IL
BRIEF SUMMARY OF ROLE
This role is responsible to aid in development and implementation of Quality Systems Documentation and ensure that Quality Systems are maintained once implemented. This position will coordinate Quality Systems Management with the Quality Manager, Site GOM, Operations Manager, Department Managers and Third Party Auditors.
MAIN FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives continuous improvement through the development and maintenance of existing quality and business processes including laboratory testing, material review and process analysis.
- To support our growing customer base by resolving product quality related items that arise utilizing DMAIC or other forms of problem solving
- Management of customer non-conforming goods and disposition that supports site Cost of Poor Quality initiatives.
- Responsible for project management, resolution, and reporting of corrective action projects. Corrective action projects include those resulting from internal audit findings, process failures, customer requirements, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Act as a technical contact on quality related issues for internal and external customers.
- Aid in developing suppliers/sub-suppliers; reduce/eliminate receiving inspection.
- Be able to effectively create, manage and drive results off of site aligned SMART Goals.
- Lean Manufacturing, take full responsibility and/or aid in the implementation and sustainment. Fully support and work with every department, cross functional teams, intra-departmental teams.
- Perform DMAIC and 8D approach to addressing customer concerns, applying root cause analysis and problem solving.
- Support the utilization of all ISO-9001:2015, 1SO-14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001 certifications and incorporate them into the Quality Management System effectively.
- Working knowledge of APQP and PPAP; process flow maps/diagrams, FMEAs, control plans and measurement system evaluations in support of Quality Standard requirements.
- BS preferred, or substantial related training and experience.
- At least 3 year experience in a manufacturing and laboratory testing environment.
- Training in Quality Systems Standard Requirements (i.e. ISO9001/14001…etc).
- Experience preferred with shop floor manufacturing processes and adhesive coating systems.
- Capable of leading training classes.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft suites and other quality non-conformance systems
If you are interested in this position please;
- Complete a Job Interest Form and obtain a signature endorsement from current manager.
- You may also forward your CV/resume to Jenna Jefferds at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday, March 31st, 2017.
Q.A. Tech/Inspector with experience programming Calypso. Must be familiar with optical comparator, all hand tools used for part inspection, as well as basic statistics and normal quality procedures. Spanish speaking a plus. Full benefits, overtime. Crystal Lake. Send resumes to email@example.com