Our client is over 100 years old and they employ approximately 1,200 employees in North America with sales in excess of $800mm dollars. In the United States, they employ 400 people at 5 production facilities. The position is located at a production facility in the southwest suburbs of Chicago and has 150,000 square feet of manufacturing space. It is a nonunion operation and employs 55 people on a two-shift operation
Exciting opportunity to be part of a successful company that is growing and moving into new markets, to include Aluminum and Stainless Steel. This is a highly visible opening that will offer technical and career challenges as well as financial rewards. This person needs to be able to run projects, work independently, be proactive, and able to work effectively with customers. This person would be part of a management team that is implementing lean and enhancing processes, procedures and systems.
• Establish programs, policies and procedures to evaluate precision, accuracy and capability of processes, products, production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities. • Support the development and implementation of the corrective and preventive action systems.
• Driving the acceptance and adoption of change into an organization • Marshaling and motivating individuals without a direct reporting relationship. • Implementing structured analysis process into complex on-demand problem solving.
• Implementation of quality planning (APQP and initial sampling)
• Supplier coordination- PPAP approval, conduct audits, issue reclamations, issue charge backs, etc.
• Examination of laboratory and test reports and initiation of appropriate measures
• Preparation, supervision, and closure of customer audits
• Implementation and monitoring of remedial measures and processes
• Read and interpret engineering drawing, standards, and specifications
• Specification of the required inspection documents for auditors and measurement engineers
• Customer and supplier visits
• Participation in and managing of quality and customer projects
• Implementation of internal audits
• Support and assistance in the introduction or change of processes
• Tool, process, and gauge buy offs
• PPAP submission to customers
• Participation in FMEA, Control Plans, Process Flows, and other process documentation
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree • Minimum of 5 years’ experience with quality/continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment. • A demonstrated experience with Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma is essential. • Working knowledge of ISO 9002 and TS 16949 is required. • Experience with Steel, Aluminum or Stainless steel is highly preferred.
• Must have demonstrated ability to apply strong reasoning skills for problem identification and resolution and to understand the appropriate application of statistical and business improvement tools to achieve and sustain business results. • Must possess effective collaboration skills to motivate and influence others at various levels without a direct reporting relationship. • Must have experience in quality control program operations, to include standards & measurement techniques. • Ability to apply quality control theories and principles to an operational environment. • Must demonstrate an effective communication skill/style to present complex ideas in a compelling and comprehensive manner. • Must demonstrate ability to work independently and is self-driven. • Maintaining and improving the production processes and overall quality in the company and at suppliers.
1. Intellectual Horsepower – Deal with concepts and complexity comfortably; strong analytical capability.
2. Business Acumen – Knowledgeable in current and potential future policies, practices, trends and information affecting the business and organization.
3. Interpersonal Savvy – Build constructive and effective relationships, uses diplomacy and tact
4. Planning – Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of projects, develops schedules
5. Organizing – Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; arranges files and information in a useful manner
6. Systems Management – Can design practices, tools, processes and procedures which allow monitoring and management at a distance; can impact people and results remotely
• 150,000+ Square Foot Climate Controlled Plant
• .1875” to .012” x 72” Slitter · 25-ton Capacity
• Shimless Slitter Tooling with Interchangeable Heads
• .1875” to .024” x 72” High Speed Precision Blanking & Corrective Leveling Line · 25-ton Capacity
• .078” to .014” x 60” Cut-To-Length with Corrective Leveling · 20-ton Capacity with PVC and Paper Interleaf Capabilities • Two .018” to .250” X 50″ X 100″ Finn Power Turret Press
• Rail Siding & Dock High Loading Capabilities
• Hand Shearing Capabilities from .019 to .250 x 144″ · Two Hand Shears
• Product Capabilities Include Stainless, Both Slitting and Leveling
• ISO 9001:2008 Registered
The company is seeking a candidate who has the skill set and ability to grow into a more significant role within the corporation. The company offers a culture that is very dynamic, and growth oriented. Our client is offering a competitive salary, bonus and an excellent benefit plan to compliment the package.
For additional information on this search, please contact: