- As Program Manager at Gogo, you will be responsible for the full program lifecycle of major technology Aerospace programs from initial inception through rollout and launch. The Program Manager will not only manage the program life cycle but also become an technical expert at the systems level within Gogo; gain exposure to various levels of the company while partnering with internal organizations to bring Gogo’s technology roadmap to market.The Program Manager will manage all aspects of program delivery of large scale technical capabilities that includes project plans, resources, and budget. This position will interface directly with all technology teams, vendors and internal Airline Partners and requires someone with track record of managing large, complex technical programs from concept through delivery in a rapidly changing fast paced environment.The ability to work with cross functional teams in a matrixed environment is key. Also, crucial is ability to identify and mitigate potential risks, ensure timely delivery and meet strategic objectives.
- Manage overall program plan – ensuring tracking to strategic deliverables.
- Supporting relationship with engineering teams, their vendors, product team, internal Airline representatives, finance, legal, supply chain and operations to manage interdependencies
- Frame issues, leverage strategic priorities and drive project team towards the best path forward.
- Hold regular cross-functional program review meetings to review and update projects logistics, schedule, and objectives. Assure early problem identification and implementation of corrective action.
- Participate in negotiation of vendor contracts/changes, statements of work, request for proposals and proposal evaluation.
- Interpret, translate, and flow down program requirements into the Program Plan. Identify & manage risk and opportunities to meet program objectives. Monitor compliance with program master plans and schedules, including milestones and performance.
- Ensure all program plans are up-to-date and complete with respect to schedule, cost estimations, and status;
- Lead negotiations with program core team and stakeholders on significant future improvements or changes., research lessons-learned, and best practices;
- Review program proposals and plans to determine technical practicality, funding limitation, business implications, procedures for accomplishing programs, resources requirements and technical coordination meeting, providing technical input as required.
- Provide timely reports to ensure an understanding of the program performance. Prepare interim and completion program reports.
- Take a proactive stance by developing contingency plans for potential risks
- Ensure pertinent written records are maintained that document all agreements for the programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering field
- 10-15 year of experience in managing Aerospace / Airline programs
- Knowledge of FAA certification process and experience with deployment of LRUs in a commercial aviation environment a must (retrofit or OEM)
- Knowledge of OEM supplier requirements for becoming and maintaining an approved vendor a plus.
- Wireless Telecommunication experience is a plus.
- Leadership role with direct management of project managers a plus.
- Knowledge of FAA equivalent global certification processes ideal (eg DGAC, EASA, ANAC)
- Extensive practical knowledge of program management theory, concepts, theory of constraints, critical path methodology program risk management, program scope management, program management lifecycle
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Practical problem solving and strategic thinking skills, critical thinker, and self-starter
- Superior communications skills with all levels of employees and both internal and external customers-including presentations, negotiations, and written reports
- Experience in both start-ups and consolidated companies is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining view on the strategic direction and being as detailed as needed. Willing and able to get down in the details “to make things happen”
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with demanding schedule constraints and technically challenging programs
- Lead program teams composed of multi-disciplined, matrix personnel to ensure realization of program objectives
The Supplier Development Engineer (SDE) is responsible for improving Supplier Quality to a new quality standard; this includes, New Coach Launches, Major Projects, Supplier Resourcing and mostly current production. SDE will support Operations, Quality, Engineering, Strategic Sourcing/Commodity Management, and Advanced Purchasing in initiatives to take Supplier Quality to a new level. Position oversees major supplier quality issues and assists MCI Operations in problem resolution as required. Frequent supplier site assessments and quality reviews involve about 80% travel for this role.
- Ensure Suppliers meet the highest quality standards that result in a competitive advantage to Motor Coach Industries (MFI) and New Flyer (NFI).
· Own Supplier Development Initiative processes fixing and/or eliminating Suppliers causing Operations the greatest problems. This will be accomplished through systematic, data driven processes that ensures corrective actions are in place through documented Supplier Quality Improvement Plans. Success will be measured by improved Supplier Quality and Delivery Performance Metrics.
· Provide assistance/training to Suppliers in order to meet and/or exceed quality and delivery expectations.
· Help maximize Design for Manufacturability by leveraging Supplier knowledge and capabilities through early Supplier involvement in product design.
· Ensure that the Supplier Development organization is supporting company’s new product launch activities by utilizing a common Supplier quality launch processes that includes, but is not restricted to: Supplier Manual guidelines, Site Assessments, Supplier Audits, Risk Management, APQP, Work Instructions, PFMEA, Control Plans, 8D, Early Production Containment, PPAP/FAI, Run at Rate, etc. Provide leadership for developing these skills throughout the supply base.
· Lead the coordination and setting of standards for sample inspection, and testing of received components and materials to help determine conformance to standards.
· Oversee periodic and special surveys of Sub-Tier Supplier facilities and manufacturing processes to determine adequacy and capability of quality systems and ability to comply with quality specifications; including all levels of Sub-Tier Suppliers.
· Through frequent communication, help drive consistency of quality metrics throughout Motor Coach Industry and New Flyer locations.
- Visit potential new Suppliers to assess their quality systems and visit problematic Suppliers to resolve quality issues and improve systems.
Educational / Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical degree required;
· 5 – 10 years’ experience in Supplier Development or related discipline in the Automotive, Agricultural or Heavy Equipment Industry required;
· Any ASQ Certification (CQE, CQA, CMQ/OE, CRE, etc.) is desirable;
· Six Sigma Green/Black Belt and Problem Solving experience a plus;
Additional Skills / Abilities:
- Strong manufacturing, process, quality systems and root cause analysis/countermeasure experience required – best if dealing with suppliers directly.
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving (8-D Methodology) in manufacturing processes with emphasis on Six Sigma (DMAIC) methods.
- Knowledgeable and hands on experience in application of Lean and Six Sigma (or alternative advanced problem solving methods) including: Value Stream Mapping, Cpk/Ppk, GR&R, SPC, Control Plans Sampling Plans, Kaizen, 5S, Statistical Analysis, SMED, 5 Why’s, Root Cause Analysis, 8D, QFD, Error Proofing, FMEA, Cause and Effect Diagrams, Pareto Analysis, etc.
- Solid interpersonal communication skills needed to communicate to all levels. Frequent meetings with Company Executives and VPs.
- Demonstrated technical experience and commodity expertise in: metal fabrication (stamping, machining, welding, etc.), electronics, vehicle interiors and Assembly processes in general.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
MCI offers excellent salary and a world-class benefits package which includes: Medical, dental, vision insurances; 401k with company match program; paid vacation/holidays and much more.
Pre-employment drug test and background screen required.
To apply for this opportunity please click or copy and paste the following link into your browser address: