Category Archives: Uncategorized
Position: Quality Technician
Reporting to: Quality Manager
Location: Specialty Tapes – Forest Park, IL
BRIEF SUMMARY OF ROLE
This role is responsible to aid in development and implementation of Quality Systems Documentation and ensure that Quality Systems are maintained once implemented. This position will coordinate Quality Systems Management with the Quality Manager, Site GOM, Operations Manager, Department Managers and Third Party Auditors.
MAIN FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives continuous improvement through the development and maintenance of existing quality and business processes including laboratory testing, material review and process analysis.
- To support our growing customer base by resolving product quality related items that arise utilizing DMAIC or other forms of problem solving
- Management of customer non-conforming goods and disposition that supports site Cost of Poor Quality initiatives.
- Responsible for project management, resolution, and reporting of corrective action projects. Corrective action projects include those resulting from internal audit findings, process failures, customer requirements, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Act as a technical contact on quality related issues for internal and external customers.
- Aid in developing suppliers/sub-suppliers; reduce/eliminate receiving inspection.
- Be able to effectively create, manage and drive results off of site aligned SMART Goals.
- Lean Manufacturing, take full responsibility and/or aid in the implementation and sustainment. Fully support and work with every department, cross functional teams, intra-departmental teams.
- Perform DMAIC and 8D approach to addressing customer concerns, applying root cause analysis and problem solving.
- Support the utilization of all ISO-9001:2015, 1SO-14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001 certifications and incorporate them into the Quality Management System effectively.
- Working knowledge of APQP and PPAP; process flow maps/diagrams, FMEAs, control plans and measurement system evaluations in support of Quality Standard requirements.
- BS preferred, or substantial related training and experience.
- At least 3 year experience in a manufacturing and laboratory testing environment.
- Training in Quality Systems Standard Requirements (i.e. ISO9001/14001…etc).
- Experience preferred with shop floor manufacturing processes and adhesive coating systems.
- Capable of leading training classes.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft suites and other quality non-conformance systems
If you are interested in this position please;
- Complete a Job Interest Form and obtain a signature endorsement from current manager.
- You may also forward your CV/resume to Jenna Jefferds at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday, March 31st, 2017.
Q.A. Tech/Inspector with experience programming Calypso. Must be familiar with optical comparator, all hand tools used for part inspection, as well as basic statistics and normal quality procedures. Spanish speaking a plus. Full benefits, overtime. Crystal Lake. Send resumes to email@example.com
Quality Assurance Associate
The Royal Group
Job Title: Quality Assurance Associate
Reports To: Process Improvement Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Phil Nuger
Prepared Date: 1/6/17
Summary: Can perform all the job duties within the department related to continuous improvement and maintaining the Quality Management System. A Quality Associate examines the materials, procedures, and processes involved in the production of a corrugated product using the available data and resources and enforcing quality standards; testing materials and product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Maintain and conduct in-process product inspections, studies manufacturing methods; monitors testing methods and procedures.
Maintain standards for the disposition of finished product by evaluating tests, methods, and procedures.
Maintain rework standards by monitoring inspection and physical testing methods and procedures.
Maintain product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality management system procedures.
Maintain product quality by enforcing quality policies and procedures and government requirements; collaborating with other members of a team to update new product and designs and manufacturing and training methods.
Prepare product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
Complete quality management system operational requirements as assigned.
Manage or complete corrective actions (CAR) focusing on the systematic investigation of the root causes of identified problems or identified risks in an attempt to prevent their recurrence or to prevent occurrence.
Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System requirements.
Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of the BRC Global Standards Management System requirements
Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
Achieve financial objectives by conforming to the quality budget; scheduled expenditures; and analyzing variances
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally required to stand 25% of shift
Walk 10% of shift.
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Must occasionally twist and/or use upper body.
The employee is required to talk and hear.
The employee must be able to lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception, and peripheral vision.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
Written Communication – Varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time. If absent, notifies well in advance.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation – Generates suggestions for improving and expediting work.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perfom1 the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
College diploma; or equivalent combination of education and experience desirable.
Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write correspondence, memo, work instructions and short papers. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to use tape measure. Ability to create, understand and explain statistical methods and concepts.
Ability to use computer including a proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access). Understanding of to how to navigate, establish and maintain an efficient file structure in a computer network using multiple servers and drive locations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to heat, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration.
The noise level in the manufacturing environment is usually very loud and it is required that you wear hearing protection. Safety glasses within the plant are also required. Employee must watch where he/she walks in order to remain safe.
Contact: Ray Woodworth
Quality Manager, Ironwood Industries Inc., Libertyville, IL
Due to an impending retirement, Ironwood Industries will soon have a need for a Quality Manager in their organization. Ironwood Industries, Inc. offers custom injection molding and manufacturing for the medical industry. Services include Class 8 cleanroom molding, with insert and two-shot options. Assembly processes include ultrasonic welding, thermal staking and insertion, RF welding, adhesive bonding, transfer printing, and packaging. ISO 9001-2008 and 13485-2003 certified.
- BS or BA from a 4-year college or university.
- Minimum of 10 years (combined) experience working in the quality control / quality assurance / quality management fields pertaining to manufacturing.
- Must have very good working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015, including details of managing risk.
- Must have very good working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing as it applies to mechanical systems.
- Must have at least 5 years of supervisory, or preferably, management experience and responsibilities.
- Must have training and experience in managing and conducting internal audits.
- Must have experience in managing customer audits.
- Must have experience in managing 3rd party (for ISO 9001) audits.
- Must have experience with statistical techniques commonly utilized in the industry.
- Must evaluate requirements for new jobs and plan for inspection needs as appropriate.
- Must be capable of training not only departmental staff but also company-wide personnel on quality management topics and requirements of the quality management system.
- Must be able to read, interpret, and disseminate customer documents, specifications, part drawings as well as industry standards and regulations.
- Must be able to maintain a CAPA system for various aspects of company functions where corrective actions are generated.
- Must be capable of assisting in lab metrology functions when extra assistance / help is needed on large pre-production qualification studies.
- Must maintain responsive communication channels with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Must be responsible for annual budgeting for personnel and capital needs.
- Must be a management team player in achieving company goals.
DESIRED / PREFERRED
- Experience in injection molding of plastics and related secondary operations with plastics.
- Experience in the medical device industry and ISO 13485.
- Experience with any of the following software: PC-DMIS, Measure-X, and QC Calc.
- Experience participating on a company safety committee.
- Bi-lingual in English / Spanish.
Interested candidates should email their resumes to: