Inspector III, QA
General Summary: Inspect component parts and completed product for conformance to
process controls using visual inspection and various measuring tools of advanced
• Perform final and incoming inspections
• Assist in evaluation of non-conforming components
• Perform internal process audits as required, report all findings
• Position has the authority to “shut down” non-conforming processes after notifying Supervisor
• Analyze and report on materials, processes and products
• Communicate drawing discrepancies to Engineering
• Participate in customer inspections as needed
• Assist team members in preparing and entering NCRs (Non-Conformance Reports)
• Write Customer Improvement Initiative (CII) for audits and assist employees who wish to report a
problem requiring corrective action for repetitive problems
• Report violations of ISO standard to the Quality Manager
• Participate in prototype review process for all newly developed products as needed
• Assist in the dimensional analysis of components to help identify potential quality issues
• Responsible (along with team members from product engineering, manufacturing engineering and
production) for the creation/implementation of process control charts for all critical processes
Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
• Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
• Contribute to team effort by training others in performance of inspection tasks as needed
• Inspect all work prior to passing it on to the next operation
• Document actions by completing production and quality forms
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to read and interpret complex drawings, schematics, bills of material, wiring and ladder
• Must have basic computer skills in MS Word and Excel Experience using an ERP system desirable
• Ability to utilize mechanical inspection measuring tools and CMM machine
• Thorough knowledge or Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Must be able to understand and apply elements of corrective and preventive actions
• Associated degree in Quality discipline or equivalent work experience and skill development
• 2+ years experience performing technical work in a manufacturing environment
• ASQ CQT certification preferred
Physical Demands: (The work is classified as Medium – Heavy Physical Demand Level (PDL) by the US Dept of Labor’s Dictionary of Occupational Titles) Frequencies: Occasional (1-33%); Frequent (34-66%); Continuous (67-100%)
• Lift up to 60 lbs on an occasional basis floor to waist
• Lift up to 50 lbs on a frequent basis floor to chest
• Carry up to 50 lbs on an occasional basis up to 25 feet
• Push/pull up to 100 lbs on an frequent basis
• Standing – continuous
• Walking – frequent
• Bending/stooping – frequent
• Squatting/kneeling – frequent
• Lifting – frequent
• Sitting – occasional
• Griping, manipulation, fingering – frequent
• Variable hand/power tool use – frequent
• Two-person lifting tasks using assistive devices for lifting, pulling and pushing including hand trucks, pallet jacks, and hoists
• Our goal is to provide a world-class service to our customers by delivering defect-free products on time to both our internal and external customers Your comments and suggestions are an integral part of our success
• Responsible for ensuring that quality systems function effectively and products meet customer requirements
• Responsible for following safety and environmental rules and regulations
• Responsible for ownership of his/her own safety and that of their coworkers
• Responsible for maintaining a safe and healthy work environment
• Making certain potential hazards are identified and corrected in a timely manner
• Responsible and empowered to make the decisions and take the necessary actions that are required
to fulfill the quality policy
• Responsible for the quality of his/her work
• Conform to G&W’s Environmental Management System (EMS) and comply with applicable regulatory requirements
• Contribute to continual improvement of activities, products and services that will help prevent pollution, reduce waste and protect our environment
HOW TO APPLY: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Quality Technician
Reporting to: Quality Manager
Location: Specialty Tapes – Forest Park, IL
BRIEF SUMMARY OF ROLE
This role is responsible to aid in development and implementation of Quality Systems Documentation and ensure that Quality Systems are maintained once implemented. This position will coordinate Quality Systems Management with the Quality Manager, Site GOM, Operations Manager, Department Managers and Third Party Auditors.
MAIN FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives continuous improvement through the development and maintenance of existing quality and business processes including laboratory testing, material review and process analysis.
- To support our growing customer base by resolving product quality related items that arise utilizing DMAIC or other forms of problem solving
- Management of customer non-conforming goods and disposition that supports site Cost of Poor Quality initiatives.
- Responsible for project management, resolution, and reporting of corrective action projects. Corrective action projects include those resulting from internal audit findings, process failures, customer requirements, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Act as a technical contact on quality related issues for internal and external customers.
- Aid in developing suppliers/sub-suppliers; reduce/eliminate receiving inspection.
- Be able to effectively create, manage and drive results off of site aligned SMART Goals.
- Lean Manufacturing, take full responsibility and/or aid in the implementation and sustainment. Fully support and work with every department, cross functional teams, intra-departmental teams.
- Perform DMAIC and 8D approach to addressing customer concerns, applying root cause analysis and problem solving.
- Support the utilization of all ISO-9001:2015, 1SO-14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001 certifications and incorporate them into the Quality Management System effectively.
- Working knowledge of APQP and PPAP; process flow maps/diagrams, FMEAs, control plans and measurement system evaluations in support of Quality Standard requirements.
- BS preferred, or substantial related training and experience.
- At least 3 year experience in a manufacturing and laboratory testing environment.
- Training in Quality Systems Standard Requirements (i.e. ISO9001/14001…etc).
- Experience preferred with shop floor manufacturing processes and adhesive coating systems.
- Capable of leading training classes.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft suites and other quality non-conformance systems
If you are interested in this position please;
- Complete a Job Interest Form and obtain a signature endorsement from current manager.
- You may also forward your CV/resume to Jenna Jefferds at email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday, March 31st, 2017.
Q.A. Tech/Inspector with experience programming Calypso. Must be familiar with optical comparator, all hand tools used for part inspection, as well as basic statistics and normal quality procedures. Spanish speaking a plus. Full benefits, overtime. Crystal Lake. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sr and Quality Engineers – Warsaw IN – 1 year contract
Range – $50 – $70 per hour but negotiable
Job Description: Job Summary
Responsible for assuring products conform to established requirements and standards through appropriate audit, inspection, and test activities. Interacts with many different functional departments, suppliers, and experts outside Zimmer to implement Zimmer Quality goals.
- Formulates procedures, specifications, and standards for Zimmer products and processes.
- Develops and implements corrective/preventative action plans.
- Collects and analyzes data for gauge and product evaluation.
- Identifies critical personnel, gauges, procedures, and materials needed for the completion of new products.
- Ensures that suppliers have necessary information and facilities to deliver quality products to Zimmer.
- Ability to work within a team environment and build relationships outside of the department as well as outside the company (suppliers, regulatory agencies, etc.).
- Ability to deliver, meet deadlines and have results orientation.
- Able to communicate both orally and in written form to multiple levels of the company.
- Demonstrates characteristics of high potential for future development opportunities.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic knowledge of blueprint reading and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, basic understanding of QSR/ISO regulations, design assurance, FMEA, and product testing methods, and are able to use optical comparators and CMMs.
Education/ Experience Requirements
B.S. in engineering or an alternative Bachelor’s degree program with certification as a quality engineer (e.g. CQE) plus 3 years experience in a Quality Engineering role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred.
Travel Requirements Up to 20%
Technical Staffing Associates (TSA)
Main: 877-825-7350 x. 5935