High School Seniors – Scholarship Program
The ASQ Chicago Section 1201 firmly believes in our future leaders. We also believe that embracing quality will help make great leaders. Because of our belief, we are offering a $2500 Scholarship for the best paper on your understanding and application of quality.
“Quality is Free” is a book written by Phillip Crosby to explain what quality is. He was known for promoting the idea of doing things right the first time. Other quality gurus who made significant contribution to the quality movement include Edwards Deming and Joseph Juran.
Current High School Seniors may apply for the Section 1201 Scholarship by writing a 4-6 page paper describing a personal experience or an idea you have that demonstrates how you think quality would be free. You must live in the Chicagoland area and be recommended by a member of the Chicago Section 1201.
Criteria for Selection
Applicants will be evaluated by a panel of judges on the essay.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to complete all steps of the application procedure. No application will be considered complete until all information requested is provided. A complete application must contain:
- The completed application form.
- An official copy of the applicant’s academic record. Only sealed envelopes containing the high school transcript will be accepted.
- A list of academic honors, awards and activities while in high school.
- A list of community service activities, outside interests and extracurricular activities.
- Quality essay 4- 6 pages in length.
- Two letters of recommendation: one from a member of the ASQ Chicago Section in good standing and one from a teacher, person from the community or employer but not a relative.
Click Here to Download the Application…
Note: MS Word Document
Candidates must submit the completed application and references postmarked by December 1, 2016 to:
High School Scholarship
American Society for Quality
% June Morita
P.O. Box 85
Prospect Heights, IL 60070
Scholarship applications postmarked after December 1, 2016 will be ineligible for consideration. The scholarship award will be announced by March 1st and the awardee will be presented at a spring General meeting.
Scholarship recipients will not receive cash. Payment will be made directly to the educational institution for school related expenses for the 2017 – 2018 school year.
ASQ Chicago Section