Lead Auditor – QMS/EMS/OHSAS
Lead Auditor – QMS/EMS/OHSAS
Salary: Negotiable – dependent upon experience
• Be a registered (IRCA and/or RABQSA) Quality and/or Environmental and/or Occupational Health & Safety Lead Auditor.
• Have satisfactorily completed an RABQSA or IRCA approved training course in Quality and/or Environmental and/or Occupational Health & Safety System operation and auditing. The course(s) must include an examination, which must be passed to evidence satisfactory completion.
• Have competent working knowledge of nationally recognized Quality and/or Environmental and/or Occupational Health & Safety Management System auditing standards and procedures.
• Be academically qualified in both a recognized scientific/technological discipline and in quality assurance (or for Environmental Auditors, academically qualified or have five years relevant Environmental Management experience or for Occupational Health & Safety Auditors, academically qualified or have five years relevant Health and Safety Management experience).
• Have had a minimum of five years recent and relevant industrial or business experience, of which at least three years have been devoted to the practical application of quality assurance and/or environmental management principles and/or health and safety management principles.
• Knowledge and experience in the electronics recycling industry is a plus
• Training for the e-Stewards, R2:2013, and/or RIOS:2006 standards is a plus
• Knowledge and experience with energy management is a plus
• Training for the ISO 50001:2011 standard is a plus
• Ability to travel, including a valid passport, driver’s license, and credit card.
• Integrity, tact and character.
• Computer literacy for MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Additional experience and/or training would be beneficial in addition to the above:
– Knowledge and experience in the electronics recycling industry.
– Training for the e-Stewards, R2:2008, and/or RIOS:2006 Standards.
– Knowledge and experience with energy management.
– Training for the ISO 50001:2011 Standard.
Auditors and Lead Auditors perform third-party audits per SGS Certification procedures and the requirements of the applicable standard and ISO17021. The auditor is responsible to make relevant decisions concerning the audit process and to inform SGS SSC as required to resolve issues outside the audit process. The auditor is responsible to collect and analyze sufficient information to provide a recommendation for certification. Lead Auditors have authority for the control and performance of auditing activities including planning and the control of other members of audit teams.
*This position requires at least 85% travel.
**This position can be home based anywhere in the United States.
• To assimilate, understand and operate the SGS Certification Management System in all activities relevant to the post, and to liaise with the Product Managers and Accreditation Manager regarding changes to its design and implementation.
• To perform audits in any capacity in conformance with the SGS Global/Local procedures, sector specific schemes and ISO17021.
• In performing the duties described in Item 1 above, to ensure that such duties are performed in an efficient and commercially expedient way.
• To control as necessary, teams of auditors during the activities covered by Item 2 above.
• To decide upon evidence gained during audits whether or not registration should be recommended or allowed to continue.
• To strive to acquire sufficient audit experience to cover the whole of SGS’s Certification’s accredited activities.
• To assist in the training of other auditors and lead auditors during planned audits or during other training functions.
• To participate actively in witness audits by SGS or accreditation bodies.
• To maintain all audit credentials.
• To undertake any other activities as directed by the Operations and/or Accreditation Manager.
How to Apply: Forward Resume/CV to Ernest Blanchard, Operations Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Employer Information: www.sgs.com