Quality Assurance Manager – Oak Lawn
Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager or the Conveyor Manufacturing Division will take ownership of all aspects of factory and product quality. This includes process and quality improvement projects, supplier quality and customer specification compliance as well as finished goods quality control. The candidate will have experience with factory-wide statistical analysis, 6-sigma improvement projects and expertise to drive improvement across multi-discipline teams, actively. Candidates must have hands-on technical background in a high technology manufacturing environment and ISO 9001-2008 experience.
- Establish a clearly defined Quality Management System by developing quality assurance policies and procedures that ensure compliance with ISO standards.
- Improve current systems and procedures in order to investigate failure modes and implement their corrective and preventive actions for product and process related concerns
- Drive and lead collaborative cross functional teams to determine critical parameters and manufacturing controls to meet customer requirements.
- Collaborate with Product Engineering to develop product control plans and FMEAs throughout the lifecycle of the product and equipment
- Lead Material Discrepant Reviews and partner with Manufacturing Engineering on process change control.
- Manage the Conveyor Division Non-conformance Reporting and Returned Material Authorization Systems
- Determine improvement opportunities using Quality Methodology including statistical methods, lean, 6-sigma and problem solving techniques
- Resolve internal and external product quality issues by utilizing 8D methodologies
- Improve product quality control measurement methodology to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system and customer expectations
- Develop and maintain process controls and documentation
- Supervising technical staff in carrying out tests and checks, in a manufacturing environment Ensuring tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated and that product modifications are investigated if necessary
- Collect and analyze performance data against defined parameters, preparing technical and management system reports
- Work closely with Purchasing and Product Engineering to establish supplier quality performance criteria and monitor supplier performance
- Assess suppliers’ product specifications and quality plans
- Perform supplier audits
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years Quality experience with 5 years Management experience.
- Record of demonstrated successes in implementing quality assurance processes.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, develop procedure manuals and conduct business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply production, inventory control, forecasting and projection principles and statistical tools.
- ASQ Certified preferred