Quality Control Inspector – Level II, Deublin Company, Waukegan, IL
Quality Control Inspector – Level II
Reports to Quality Supervisor
Deublin Company is a leading global manufacturer of Rotating Unions – a mechanical device that allows transfer of pressurized fluid from a stationary source into rotating machinery for heating, cooling or transfer of fluid power. Our modern, air conditioned manufacturing facility utilizes state of the art multi axis machine tools to produce our parts in a lean manufacturing environment.
Position Overview: The Quality Control Inspector – Level 2 performs duties to inspect products and component parts to ensure conformance and to allow deviations to print/standards, ensures gaging being used by quality and provided to production is calibrated and properly set up for use, and records inspection records per established standards and procedures.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform first piece and sample inspection of production and purchased parts, and outside services to print/standards to ensure conformance; including but not limited to incoming materials, processed parts and component parts.
- Complete first article inspections on production and purchased parts, outside services, and final assemblies to print/standards to ensure conformance.
- Read and understand blueprints, engineering and workmanship standards, and quality procedures to perform job duties.
- Set-up and use a variety of precision measuring equipment.
- Ensure gaging being used is current on calibration.
- Supply machine set up personnel with gages necessary to check work.
- Ensure gaging is returned to the proper location when not in use.
- Ensure parts are labeled with the correct part number and labeled and/or located correctly as to current status: accepted, nonconforming, or rejected.
- Ensure quality approval on part routings and/or packing slips are properly documented.
- Understand outside manufacturing operations; including but not limited to heat-treating, plating, anodizing, coating, grinding, gun drilling, welding, etc.
- Understand material specifications and properties.
- Halt manufacturing when unacceptable product discrepancies are found.
- Maintain and generate a variety of inspection records/reports as required.
- Request corrective action and/or problem solving to group leader/supervisor as required.
- Ability to use shop computer stations to perform job tasks such as: review drawings, procedures/work instructions, deviations, and engineering change orders, document product inspection and nonconformance records, and read/compose e-mail.
- Work with Tooling Engineering, Engineering, Purchasing, and Production as required.
- Understand and follow the established standards, procedures, and/or standardized work for each job duty.
- Understand and follow quality department guidelines.
- Allow production and purchase part deviations to prints/standards. Work with Engineering to request deviations and engineering changes orders as required.
- Review part manufacturing routings; verify dimensional controls necessary for future operations are acceptable and that the sequence is occurring in the correct order. Work with Production Control to address problems as required.
- Train operators and set up personnel, as required, on gage usage and how to properly inspect parts.
- Operate and run established programs on the Coordinate Measuring Machine.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram, or pictorial form.
Education and/or Experience: Three to five years related experience and/or training. American Society of Quality Certified Inspector.
Deublin Company is easily accessible from I-94 and Route 137 and offers competitive compensation, a fantastic profit sharing retirement plan, and other excellent benefits.
To apply, e-mail: email@example.com
For information about Deublin Company please see our website at: www.deublin.com