Quality Engineer, Deublin Company, Waukegan, IL
Reports to Quality Supervisor
Deublin Company is a leading global manufacturer of Rotating Unions – a mechanical device that allows transfer of pressurized fluid from a stationary source into rotating machinery for heating, cooling or transfer of fluid power. Our modern, air conditioned manufacturing facility utilizes state of the art multi axis machine tools to produce our parts in a lean manufacturing environment.
Position Overview: The Quality Engineer coordinates Quality Management System procedures in all business processes, performs system audits and supports the continuous improvement philosophy within company.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute project assignments from Quality Management to attain project objectives and schedules as related to the quality system, product and process quality and cost.
- Create and maintain the policy manual, procedures, and instructions for the Quality Management System that integrates well with the DPS (Deublin Production System) to help ensure we have one business system that works well together to continuously improve customer satisfaction, business performance, processes and people development.
- Perform audits, maintain audit schedule.
- Perform supplier audits as required.
- Complete customer required tasks such as product qualifications, warranty inspections, quality surveys, and production/material certification requests.
- Solve process and product quality problems by using 8D corrective actions and practical problem solving methods.
- Maintain corrective action system.
- Maintain quality management review metrics and conduct reviews per schedule.
- Collect and analyze data using appropriate statistical tools to make valid decisions. Assists in performing and analyzing process capability, SPC control charts, and MSA studies.
- Analyze and determine nonconforming material causes. Recommend appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Assist manufacturing and assembly with product issues.
- Analyze product returns to determine product design or process modification needs.
- Assess and maintain internal quality tracking systems.
- Provide training, as required, for the Quality Management System.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering, and the Value Streams.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers. Ability to effectively present information to top management, groups of managers, and customers.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. / B.S.) from four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Deublin Company is easily accessible from I-94 and Route 137 and offers competitive compensation, a fantastic profit sharing retirement plan, and other excellent benefits.
To apply, e-mail: email@example.com
For information about Deublin Company please see our website at: www.deublin.com