Quality Engineer–Food Service Equipment
- A leading global manufacturer and supplier of food service equipment and accessories.
- The client engineers and manufactures a broad range of products used by the world’s leading food service organizations.
- With more than 5,000 employees worldwide in facilities in North America, Europe and Asia to service and support clients around the globe.
- Headquartered in the Chicago area with engineering, manufacturing and sales located in the same facility to better service its North American customer base.
- Quality engineer will implement a quality system to prevent defects while providing information leading to continuous improvement.
- Will work to provide direction for quality technicians and process auditors.
- Requires extensive knowledge of quality assurance procedures and policies in similar manufacturing settings.
- Will apply Advanced Quality Planning techniques such as Failure Mode Effects Analysis, measurement system analysis and control plans to evaluate the produce-ability of new products.
- Uses statistical data to identify and resolve problems and while working with teams to focus on prevention and variance reduction.
- Work with customers to identify process and product improvement opportunities and to permanently resolve problems.
- Lead customer audits and participate in self-audits to identify opportunities for quality system enhancement.
- At least 3 years of related quality oriented experience in an automotive, electronics, or electromechanical manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Industrial or related engineering discipline.
- Quality Engineering certification is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer
Be assured that resumes will be kept strictly confidential until we speak about a specific opportunity and agree to send it to a client of ours. If your experience matches our client’s requirements we will contact you immediately.
Send resumes and inquiries to Cliff Rusnak at firstname.lastname@example.org.