Quality Technician, Specialty Tapes – Forest Park, IL
Position: Quality Technician
Reporting to: Quality Manager
Location: Specialty Tapes – Forest Park, IL
BRIEF SUMMARY OF ROLE
This role is responsible to aid in development and implementation of Quality Systems Documentation and ensure that Quality Systems are maintained once implemented. This position will coordinate Quality Systems Management with the Quality Manager, Site GOM, Operations Manager, Department Managers and Third Party Auditors.
MAIN FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives continuous improvement through the development and maintenance of existing quality and business processes including laboratory testing, material review and process analysis.
- To support our growing customer base by resolving product quality related items that arise utilizing DMAIC or other forms of problem solving
- Management of customer non-conforming goods and disposition that supports site Cost of Poor Quality initiatives.
- Responsible for project management, resolution, and reporting of corrective action projects. Corrective action projects include those resulting from internal audit findings, process failures, customer requirements, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Act as a technical contact on quality related issues for internal and external customers.
- Aid in developing suppliers/sub-suppliers; reduce/eliminate receiving inspection.
- Be able to effectively create, manage and drive results off of site aligned SMART Goals.
- Lean Manufacturing, take full responsibility and/or aid in the implementation and sustainment. Fully support and work with every department, cross functional teams, intra-departmental teams.
- Perform DMAIC and 8D approach to addressing customer concerns, applying root cause analysis and problem solving.
- Support the utilization of all ISO-9001:2015, 1SO-14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001 certifications and incorporate them into the Quality Management System effectively.
- Working knowledge of APQP and PPAP; process flow maps/diagrams, FMEAs, control plans and measurement system evaluations in support of Quality Standard requirements.
- BS preferred, or substantial related training and experience.
- At least 3 year experience in a manufacturing and laboratory testing environment.
- Training in Quality Systems Standard Requirements (i.e. ISO9001/14001…etc).
- Experience preferred with shop floor manufacturing processes and adhesive coating systems.
- Capable of leading training classes.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft suites and other quality non-conformance systems
If you are interested in this position please;
- Complete a Job Interest Form and obtain a signature endorsement from current manager.
- You may also forward your CV/resume to Jenna Jefferds at email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday, March 31st, 2017.