Resident Quality Engineer Needed
The Packaging Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible to drive Implementing supplier quality management practices, pro-active risk reduction, quality improvements, problem resolution, failure analysis, root cause and corrective action, and facilitate continuous process improvements with assigned suppliers. This position will involve working with a supply chain of our key customers, and provide quick reaction support for Quality and Delivery related issues, plan and execute supplier audits performance reviews, as well provide regular feedback and technical support to assigned suppliers.
Our Supplier Quality Engineering team is responsible for assessing customer product design requirements and developing the necessary inspection methods, process flows and equipment to ensure process capability and overall product quality.
• Understand and interpret customer specified packaging requirements, understand supplier manufacturing processes, develop and/or approve manufacturing inspection processes, equipment, tools, gauges and fixtures for raw material, mechanical components and mechanical assemblies.
• Establish qualification processes for new products, approve first article inspection reports, and provide feedback to suppliers
• Manage supplier quality performance and drive improvement as needed to become quality leader in industry
• Ability to interpret data, analytical, SPC, identify trends and develop preventative actions
• Lead specific in-depth problem solving at a supplier facility, such as recurring line stoppages, customer field failures, numerous supplier escapes, observation of significant failure trends, etc
• Provide regular feedback and technical support to assigned suppliers.
• Ability to travel and conduct supplier quality audits
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering with minor in Packaging
• 2 years of experience working with manufacturing and testing processes for corrugated boxes, folder cartons, glass bottles, plastic bottles, boxes or packaging, foam, and pallets, etc.
• Familiarity with SQL/database programming to create in-house easy to use reports, such as supplier scorecard, and customer feedback
• Demonstrated hands-on manufacturing, quality or supplier management experience
• Ability to read and understand packaging designs or prints
• This position requires a blend of technical and analytical ability, strong verbal and written communication skills and a high degree of professional acumen.
• Experience with ISO 9001/ISO 14001 quality management systems (QMS) is preferred.
Stephen Gould Corporation
225 Spring Lake Drive
Itasca, IL 60143