Supplier Development Manager (SDM) – Navistar Corp.
Navistar International Corporation is a leading North American truck manufacturer with great products, strong market positions and best-in-class distribution. For 175 years we have had a 100% commitment to doing what it takes to satisfy our customers, and our commitment today is as strong as ever. We are rededicated to strengthening our core businesses. Our recent investments and product launches position us for success. It all starts with a comprehensive approach and a team effort from our employees. So we’re looking for exceptionally talented and results-oriented individuals to join us and deliver on our promises to our customers, dealers, employees and shareholders.
The Supplier Development Manager (SDM) will plan, manage, and execute Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) for all re-sourcing and product change activities within existing and new assembly operations. Responsibilities include:
- Manage the entire supply base to ensure all suppliers are registered and/or compliant to the quality system requirements of TS-16949.
- Support Corporate Purchasing & Logistics and Parts in the selection of supplier’s by assessing their quality capabilities and system effectiveness before the placement of business and working with manufacturing and part distribution centers (PDC) to assist in improving first time quality.
- Multi-disciplinary teaming at all organization levels and negotiation with, Reliability & Quality, and key supplier organization/locations in support of Purchasing & Logistics, Manufacturing and Parts Operations.
Position Purpose and Requirements:
Ensures that suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services. Qualifies suppliers according to company standards and may administer a Certified Supplier Program in receiving inspection to ensure cost effectiveness. Monitors parts from acquisition through the manufacturing cycle and communicates and resolves supplier-related problems as they occur. Develops and prioritizes an auditing schedule to ensure that designated suppliers are audited on a regular basis to ensure good manufacturing practices (GMP) and quality standards are met. Evaluates suppliers’ internal functions to assess their overall performance and provides feedback in assessment of their operation. Majority of time spent contributing to and managing projects. Requires in-depth knowledge and experience. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently; receives minimum guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may direct the work of other staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree OR At least 7 years of supplier quality or related experience
- At least 5 years of supplier quality or related experience
- Master’s degree
- At least 3 years of supplier quality or related experience
- Qualified candidates, excluding current Navistar employees, must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Navistar does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status)
- Ability to travel approximately 50%
- Experience and/or knowledge of fasteners, cold heading, hardware, and heat treatment.
- Experience with IFI, CQI-9, ASME, and ASTM Standards.
- Effective working knowledge of quality tools and concepts such as; TS-16949, APQP, PPAP, MSA (GD&T) and SPC (statistics) manuals and manufacturing process (lean manufacturing), with ability to teach and facilitate these tools and concepts to suppliers and using facilities
- Quality Certifications (CQE, CQA, CQM, Green Belt, Black Belt etc.) per American Society of Quality (ASQ) or equivalent quality related postgraduate degree and experience and/or demonstrated performance
- Communication and interpersonal savvy
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- High sense of urgency.
- Fluent in Office software and comfortable working in multiple systems
- Positive Attitude
- Ethics and Navistar’s Values
- Conflict Management
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem Solving
Visit us at www.Navistar.com to discover more about our organization