DIRECTOR OF QUALITY
Located in the Midwest, The company is a manufacturer and middle-market machining company with an impressive global customer base and a reputation in the industry for delivering complex products and outstanding quality. With a strategic focus on growth, the company has brought in a new top Management team to take them into the future and support change management to realize its performance potential.
The Quality Director is responsible for deployment of quality-related initiatives, processes, and practices. The position is also responsible for leading the development and execution of process control and quality management systems, as well as providing leadership to project teams through all aspects of the continuous improvement process to improve quality, reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction.
This position will energize the organization around quality and elevate the organization’s reputation as a best in class provider of goods through positively impacting profitability, operational efficiency, customer satisfaction, and on time delivery performance. The role will have the autonomy to design and structure the quality organization to meet the company goals and objectives.
This role will provide support for root cause and corrective/preventive actions tied to Supplier Corrective Action Requests. Support Supplier requests tied to program requirements, interface with customer needs and program management activities. Responsible for ensuring vendor adherence to the part engineering drawings, specifications, purchase order and quality flow down requirements with approved suppliers for continuous improvement
• Serve as a member of the Management Team, providing guidance and strategic direction to the company.
• Cooperate with other management personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures and goals.
• Provide overall direction, leadership and management of the Quality Management System.
• Management of quality assurance applications such as Internal Audit, Corrective Action Calibration and Supplier Control Systems.
• Drive effective root cause corrective action (RCCA) and problem solving culture.
• Management of quality engineering department and inspection personnel activities to ensure consistency and compliance to the internal and external requirements.
• Reinforce and champion the idea and culture of continuous improvement and motivate ideas for pipeline improvement project.
• Ensure sufficient resources are available to enable the facility can achieve goals and objectives are met from a quality perspective.
• May occasionally perform special projects;
• Critical thinking such as calculating, analyzing, assessing, integrating and checking. Ability to identify trends and opportunities and providing accurate and quality information.
• Creative and analytically skills to design solutions using expertise in quality, knowledge of industry trends, ability to define problems, collect data, and present recommended solutions.
• Effective project management with consideration for long and short term implications while using technology in the planning, presentation, execution, and evaluation of initiatives. Ability to support change through proven change management programs and approaches.
• Communications expertise in writing, informing, discussing and responding.
• Performance Management to support and develop employees to channel their talents toward organizational goals.
• Engaging the ability to create employee passion for quality and to design and implement systems that integrate quality into the cultural fabric, mindset and production of the organization.
• Five plus years recent experience in machining related industry quality and manufacturing environment
• 10 plus years of experience in a leadership role preferred
• Five plus years of recent experience in Quality Director role managing supervisors, leads, and other direct reports
• Experience building a quality infrastructure that yields results
• Six Sigma and or/LEAN certification (Blackbelt preferred).
PERSONAL AND STYLE CHARACTERISTICS
• Pro-active and results oriented
• Demonstrated leadership skills and change management experience
• Highly professional
• Takes ownership with a solutions focus
• Can challenge status quo/ a change agent
• Able to “roll up your sleeves”
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrates a personal sense of urgency and ability to motivate others
• Enjoys a challenge
Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA preferred.
RELOCATION PACKAGE WILL BE PROVIDED
Interested candidates may contact:
Director of Quality Assurance
2301 Curtiss Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515