ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Performs dimensional and visual inspection of parts, assemblies and final products.
• Completes first article inspection, forging layouts and in-process verifications
• Maintain records of inspection and prepares list of defects
• Responsible for receiving inspection
• Assist with supplier reviews
• Assist in review of PPAP packages when necessary
• Measure and inspect parts using hand gauges and CMM’s
• Completes process and product audits
• Adheres to company Environmental, Health and Safety Rules
• Performs other duties as assigned
• 1-3 years’ experience in a machine/manufacturing environment
• Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of shop mathematics
• Able to read blue prints and use calipers, micrometers, comparator, CMM, and height gauge
• Able to work within a team
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
NO OUTSIDE PHONE CALLS OR SOLICITATIONS ACCEPTED OR RETURNED.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT: https://www.axletech.com/en/company/careers/chicago-illinois-us/quality-inspector
INTERPLEX DAYSTAR, INC
Position: Quality Inspector Stamping Manufacturing
Work Hours (Shift): 3rd Shift
We are seeking a Quality Inspector to join our team that is passionate about excellence in quality and customer satisfaction.
Under the supervision of the Quality Manager, the Quality Inspector performs the inspection of product star-up approvals, Tool/Die set-ups, In-Process measurements and testing to ensure products meet quality standards before they reach the customer.
Essential Functions of the Position
• Read and interpret blueprints, control plans and engineering specifications.
• Inspect products according to control plan requirements using various precision gauges.
• Maintain quality records on product inspected.
• Maintain statistical process data as required by the customer
• Work closely with and train/re-train shop floor personnel
• Identify and report product non-conformances
• Perform other duties as directed.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as an inspector, preferred stamping manufacturing
• Associate degree or above
• Prior exposure to ISO19001, TS16949, ISO14001 Quality Systems
• Experience using OGP or CMM
• Proficient with micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, optical comparator, etc.
• Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications (blueprint reading skills)
• Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T)
• Strong knowledge of mathematical operations (e.g. measure conversions)
• Knowledge and understanding basic quality terms, definitions and concepts
• Must understand types of measurement, measurement terminology
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office – Excel & Word)