- As Program Manager at Gogo, you will be responsible for the full program lifecycle of major technology Aerospace programs from initial inception through rollout and launch. The Program Manager will not only manage the program life cycle but also become an technical expert at the systems level within Gogo; gain exposure to various levels of the company while partnering with internal organizations to bring Gogo’s technology roadmap to market.The Program Manager will manage all aspects of program delivery of large scale technical capabilities that includes project plans, resources, and budget. This position will interface directly with all technology teams, vendors and internal Airline Partners and requires someone with track record of managing large, complex technical programs from concept through delivery in a rapidly changing fast paced environment.The ability to work with cross functional teams in a matrixed environment is key. Also, crucial is ability to identify and mitigate potential risks, ensure timely delivery and meet strategic objectives.
- Manage overall program plan – ensuring tracking to strategic deliverables.
- Supporting relationship with engineering teams, their vendors, product team, internal Airline representatives, finance, legal, supply chain and operations to manage interdependencies
- Frame issues, leverage strategic priorities and drive project team towards the best path forward.
- Hold regular cross-functional program review meetings to review and update projects logistics, schedule, and objectives. Assure early problem identification and implementation of corrective action.
- Participate in negotiation of vendor contracts/changes, statements of work, request for proposals and proposal evaluation.
- Interpret, translate, and flow down program requirements into the Program Plan. Identify & manage risk and opportunities to meet program objectives. Monitor compliance with program master plans and schedules, including milestones and performance.
- Ensure all program plans are up-to-date and complete with respect to schedule, cost estimations, and status;
- Lead negotiations with program core team and stakeholders on significant future improvements or changes., research lessons-learned, and best practices;
- Review program proposals and plans to determine technical practicality, funding limitation, business implications, procedures for accomplishing programs, resources requirements and technical coordination meeting, providing technical input as required.
- Provide timely reports to ensure an understanding of the program performance. Prepare interim and completion program reports.
- Take a proactive stance by developing contingency plans for potential risks
- Ensure pertinent written records are maintained that document all agreements for the programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering field
- 10-15 year of experience in managing Aerospace / Airline programs
- Knowledge of FAA certification process and experience with deployment of LRUs in a commercial aviation environment a must (retrofit or OEM)
- Knowledge of OEM supplier requirements for becoming and maintaining an approved vendor a plus.
- Wireless Telecommunication experience is a plus.
- Leadership role with direct management of project managers a plus.
- Knowledge of FAA equivalent global certification processes ideal (eg DGAC, EASA, ANAC)
- Extensive practical knowledge of program management theory, concepts, theory of constraints, critical path methodology program risk management, program scope management, program management lifecycle
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Practical problem solving and strategic thinking skills, critical thinker, and self-starter
- Superior communications skills with all levels of employees and both internal and external customers-including presentations, negotiations, and written reports
- Experience in both start-ups and consolidated companies is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining view on the strategic direction and being as detailed as needed. Willing and able to get down in the details “to make things happen”
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with demanding schedule constraints and technically challenging programs
- Lead program teams composed of multi-disciplined, matrix personnel to ensure realization of program objectives
Manager – Process Improvement and Advance Analytics, Aircraft Maintenance Operations
The Manager, Process Improvement and Advance Analytics is responsible for providing problem solving support and strategic direction of advanced analytics for the Aircraft Maintenance Operations team. This role requires an individual with passion for problem solving and data analytics with the willingness to dig deep into details as well as the ability to assess the big picture. Candidate should have work experience with data extraction, data mining and problem solving; business case analysis and presentation; analytical and statistical modeling; and a process improvement in operation environment. This role will require strategic thinking and strong internal and external client relationship. High-level responsibilities of the role include:
• Develop and implement analytical methodologies, processes, and technological solutions to develop recommendations for process improvements
• Collaborate with leadership to identify Process Improvement/Process Simplification opportunities and lead Problem Solving initiatives
• Execute process improvement solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, statistical modeling and machine learning techniques
• Continuously develop and demonstrate improved analysis methodologies and tracks and measures results of improvement initiatives
• Lead projects as well as couching and mentoring team members
• Support initiatives for predictive analysis
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of Math, Statistics, Operations Research and/or Industrial Engineering required
• Master’s Degree in a quantitative field like Math, Statistics, Operations Research and/or MBA preferred
• Proven experience in resolving complex process challenges; leader in the area of problem solving and process simplification using Lean Six Sigma techniques
• Familiarity with industrial engineering principles is a plus
• Proven comfort and an intellectual curiosity for working with very large sets of data, pulling in relevant team members to address identified – and sometimes undiscovered – needs
• Be proficient in using database querying tools and able to write complex queries and procedures using Teradata SQL and/or Microsoft TSQL and hands-on modeling experience on SAS or R
• Be proficient with one or more reporting tools – Spotfire / Tableau / Oracle OBIEE / Brio
• Be able to communicate complex quantitative analysis and algorithms in a clear, precise and actionable manner
• Be adept in building presentations for senior leadership team
• At least 3 years of experience in analytics and process improvement preferred
• At least 2 year experience in a leadership/supervisory role preferred
• Lean Six Sigma experience preferred
• Must be legally authorized to work in US for any employer without sponsorship
• Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
• Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
United | Corporate Support Center
233 South Wacker Drive | Chicago, Illinois 60606