Title: Quality Manager
Reports To: President
Manages and coordinates the daily Quality Assurance activities, documents and related operations of American Pinball Inc. (API). Responsible for day to day monitoring and inspection activities. Supervises the QA Inspector(s), is responsible for monitoring the tool calibration system, determining root cause for reported internal and external nonconformities, determines acceptance or denial of warranty claims, communicates decisions to the customer. Develops and manages required policies, procedures and audit controls. Establishes and maintains Quality Management Processes and Procedures, Work Instructions, Forms, Documents and Records. Oversees the day to day inspections, documentation, investigation and analysis of reported nonconformities.
Monitors compliance with 5S performance to promote a safe working environment. Promotes the execution of the procedures and work instructions in the Quality Management System. Attends Design Review and Management Review meetings. Manages the daily operations of the quality assurance staff, enforces the Policies and Procedures listed in the Quality Management Systems manual that impact Manufacturing, Production, Inspection and Testing.
Direct report staff:
Plant QA Inspectors and Testing Technicians (if any).
Duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for the oversight of the Process Audits and any resulting corrective actions.
• Responsible Internal and External Corrective and Preventive Action reporting.
• Responsible for performing Root Cause Analysis activities and meetings.
• Responsible for meeting and coordinating with external Quality System auditors.
• Vice-Chairs safety committee. Monitors staff safety and on-the-job injuries. Reviews and audits OSHA Log.
• Continuously improves performance by fostering a well-trained, equipped and motivated staff.
• Maintains quality of service by enforcing quality and customer service standards.
• Maintains staff performance by conducting regular performance reviews.
• Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations and conducting staff meetings as required.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and participating in Quality Management System team meetings, as required.
Customer Focus, Quality, Manufacturing, ISO, ERP, Coaching, and Supervision, Quality System Management, Results Driven, Fosters Teamwork, Handles Pressure, Gives Feedback and maintains a safe and healthy working environment. Able to leap tall buildings, with a running start.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and core hours of work are Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. One, half hour lunch break and two ten-minute rest breaks will be provided.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to see, talk and hear. The use of hands and fingers to handle and/or feel and the ability to reach with hands and arms, is required. Sitting, standing and walking, for long periods of time up to nine (9) hours per day. Must wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including a back-brace belt, as required. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly throughout the work day without assistance. Must be able to move 250 lb. games, on a cart, as needed. Must be able to safely operate a pallet jack moving loads up to 1500 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
1448 Yorkshire Drive,
Streamwood, IL 60107
Phone: 847 893 6800
Direct : 847 971 8892