Would you like to work for an employee owned company that believes in respect, honesty, humility/gratitude, knowledge and diversity?
A growing plastic injection molding manufacturer in Elgin, IL is looking for a Metrology Technician.
This technician will use calipers, micrometers, height gauges, CMM, VMM, optical comparators and other hand measuring tools to perform in-process, first article and final inspections of plastic parts as well as calibrate gauges to ensure conformance to blue prints. Assume accountability for meeting all ISIR and part submission dates.
Proficiency working with Microsoft Excel (data entry & spreadsheet creation), Word, and other software products
Must be able to understand and interpret blueprints of plastic parts and assemblies.
Attention to detail; excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
CMM / VMM programming and training on new products and fixtures.
Participate in Measurement Systems Analysis (MSAs) and perform SPC checks when requested.
Performs Capability Studies and Inspection Layouts as needed to support Customers, Engineering, and Quality activities.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 3+ years Metrology Technician experience in a plastic parts manufacturing company.
- Experience working with CMM, optical comparator, micrometers, calipers, height gauges and other measuring instruments required.
- Proficiency reading and interpreting blue prints
- Highly attentive to details
- Good math skills
- Good communicator
- Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures