Six Sigma Classes
The ASQ Chicago Training Institute offers the following Certification Exam Review Classes:
- Basic Statistics and SPC
- Six Sigma Black Belt Exam Review
- Six Sigma Black Belt Theory
- Six Sigma Green Belt Exam Review
To develop the skills in becoming a Certified Six Sigma Green Belt. This course is essential for the student needing a familiarization or refresher course in statistics.
The course presentation of decision-making tools in statistics lays the groundwork for a successful career.
- Data types and collection, Histograms, The Normal Curve and statistics: Average, Range, Standard Deviation.
- Statistical Process Control and Quality
- Process Capability
- Construction of Average and Range Control Charts.
- Interpretation of control charts.
- Attribute charts based on percent or fraction defective.
- Attribute charts based on counted data.
- Measurement System Evaluations
This course provides a review of the key topics forming the body of knowledge for the ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt Exam and an overview of the exam process.
- Organization and Process Management
- Team Management
- Process Measurement
- Data Analysis tools
- Improvement Techniques
- Process Controls
This is a review of the primary tools used in performing a Six Sigma analysis. The class is conducted in an atmosphere where each student works on her/his own project using the tool under study. The project could be an issue at the student’s workplace or could be chosen from another source, as long as data can be derived. Each student shares the results of the study every week so the entire class gets the benefit of seeing Six Sigma tools used in a variety of ways, providing a broader understanding of the use and application of each Six Sigma tool. Such interactive study provides the students a more multi-sided real-life view of Six Sigma tools application than they would get from just book study. By the end of the class students have covered the range of tools used in Six Sigma analysis of a problem and are ready for the Six Sigma Black Belt II Lab Session.
- Gantt and Pareto Charts
- Process Mapping
- Probability Distributions
- Hypothesis Testing
- Process Capability
- Statistical Process Control
- Design of Experiments
- Gage R&R
- Multi-Vari Charts
This course provides a review of the topics forming the Body of Knowledge of ASQ Six Sigma Green Belt Certification as well as a review of the examination process.
- Review of the examination Process
- Organization goals
- Lean principles
- Process and Project Management basics
- Process Analysis
- Improvement and Control Techniques