Statistics and GD&T Courses
The ASQ Chicago Training Institute offers the following Classes in Statistics and GD&T:
To develop the skills in becoming a Certified Six Sigma Green Belt. This course is essential for the student needing a familiarization or refresher course in statistics.
The course presentation of decision-making tools in statistics lays the groundwork for a successful career.
- Data types and collection, Histograms, The Normal Curve and statistics: Average, Range, Standard Deviation.
- Statistical Process Control and Quality
- Process Capability
- Construction of Average and Range Control Charts.
- Interpretation of control charts.
- Attribute charts based on percent or fraction defective.
- Attribute charts based on counted data.
- Measurement System Evaluations
Objective: Cultivate proficiency with a variety of sophisticated measuring instruments and processes. Demonstrate an overall understanding of the applied use of these devices from a quality control perspective.
Session 1 Fundamentals of Dimensional Metrology Chapters 1, 2, 3, & 4
- Measurement & Metrology
- Language & Systems of Measurement
- Measurement & Tolerances
- Statistics & Metrology
Session 2 First Quiz
- Fundamentals of Dimensional Metrology Chapters 5, & 6
- Measurement with the Graduated Scale
- Scaled Instruments
- Vernier Instruments
Session 3 Second Quiz
- Fundamentals of Dimensional Metrology Chapter 7
- Micrometer Instruments
Session 4 Third Quiz
- Fundamentals of Dimensional Metrology Chapters 8, & 9
- Development & Use of Gauge Blocks
- Thread Gauges
- Special Gauges
Session 5 Fourth Quiz
- Fundamentals of Dimensional Metrology Chapter 10, 11, & 12
- Measurement by Comparison
- Reference Planes
- Surface Plates
- Angle Measurements
- Fundamentals of Dimensional Metrology Chapter 13, 14, & 15
- Surface Measurements
- High Amplification Comparators
- Pneumatic Measurement
Session 7 Fifth Quiz
- Fundamentals of Dimensional Metrology Chapter 16, & 17
- Optical Flats
- Optical Alignment
- Optical Metrology
Session 8 Fundamentals of Dimensional Metrology Chapter 18
- Coordinate Measuring Machine
- Modern Topics in Metrology
- Ultrasonic Metrology
- Coating Testing
- Hardness Testing
- Field Trip to Shop area
Session 9 Sixth Quiz
- Review of Previous Material
Session 10 Final
Top of Page
This is a review of the primary tools used in performing a Six Sigma analysis. The class is conducted in an atmosphere where each student works on her/his own project using the tool under study. The project could be an issue at the student’s workplace or could be chosen from another source, as long as data can be derived. Each student shares the results of the study every week so the entire class gets the benefit of seeing Six Sigma tools used in a variety of ways, providing a broader understanding of the use and application of each Six Sigma tool. Such interactive study provides the students a more multi-sided real-life view of Six Sigma tools application than they would get from just book study. By the end of the class students have covered the range of tools used in Six Sigma analysis of a problem and are ready for the Six Sigma Black Belt II Lab Session.
- Gantt and Pareto Charts
- Process Mapping
- Probability Distributions
- Hypothesis Testing
- Process Capability
- Statistical Process Control
- Design of Experiments
- Gage R&R
- Multi-Vari Charts.